Sunday, January 11, 2009

Initiation

This blog is to document my reading experiences over the next few years. This year I will be turning 35 and I have recently become aware that I am not particularly well read. By this I mean that I have not read widely or attempted to tackle many of the so called "classics" of Western literature. The only time I have been introduced to well-known literary works is as reluctant requirements of my high school education. With age and fresh maturity, I have begun to wonder if I am missing something by not reading these works. I do not know if reading the classics will enhance my life, widen my perspectives or make me see the world differently. But at the same time, I believe I have more to lose by not investing the time and thought into exploring these literary works. If anything, at least I will be able to say, "Yes, I have read that".

No comments:

Post a Comment